Join Me on Shabby Lane Shops!

My Etsy Shop....

Tell them Grandma G's sent you!!

Mad Mimi Email Marketing
Apron Memories: Tie One On - An Apron Of Course !

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Cough! Cough! Cough!!!!

Have any of you been bitten by the coughing bug??? Well, if not, let me tell you, when you see him coming DUCK!! I have been experiencing what so many all over the country have.....sore throat, the hardest cough and cold....

This is ME!!..... http://planetsmilies.net/ill-violated-dead-smiley-9437.gif........ Will it never stop?
I do feel much better than I have been, so cough or not, my life will go on!! I have no more time to waste.....much to do!!

For the past several weeks, I have been beating my brains out trying to find my website niche....my focus product, the grabber, so to speak. I am not a crafty person but I was determined that, like so many of my Make Mine Pink friends, I needed something unique and created by my hands to be the focus product. Then I read a blog post written by friend and founder of MMP, Joyce, that said:
"What makes you/your business interesting? What’s your hook? Your appeal?
(example) You sell vintage linens.. You also collect them. You know everything there is to know about vintage tablecloths! That passion and love for what you collect along with your knowledge is what will make you stand out. ANYONE can sell a vintage tablecloth. Being established as an expert is what is going to bring people back to you. Now add that to spectacular customer service.. And you can’t be beat.
What things do you know the most about.. No matter how trivial, that information is of interest to someone. (your niche market)"
THANKS, JOYCE!!




Well, DUH!! That, friends, is ME!!! So, beginning right away, Grandma G's will make lovely vintage linens the main focus!! I introduced you all to the Vintage Tablecloth Lovers Club (VTLC) in my last post so you are aware that I do love vintage linens, I am a collector of them and through the VTLC I have gained knowledge in identifying, dating, rating condition and the care and storage of these treasures from the past. My intention is not only to sell vintage tablecloths, tea towels, etc., but to also share the information I have gained over the past 5 years. I want to be the "go to" girl for any and all questions re: vintage linens as well as your source of lovely additions to your home!!

Hang in there with me as I refine ideas, add to and make changes to my Grandma G's website.....I've been sick, remember!!

****See below: Date for drawing has been extended!!****

*****Leave a comment and your name will be added to a random drawing for a Heart-Shaped box of See's Candies.....the BEST in the west!!*****
Comments made between Jan 27th & Feb 8th are eligible!

18 comments:

Roxie Morrow said...

Sorry you got bitten by that dirty ol' cold rat! The cough seems to linger on forever, long after the sneezing and runny nose stops. Ugh! Hope you're better soon.
I love the idea of your vintage linens. I know lots of people will have questions and how awesome that we will have someone to come to for the answers. Thank you for not only finding your niche, but being able to provide a service that is necessary to so many collectors out there.
OH! I would loooooooooove some yummy chocolate. :)

Unknown said...

Hi Georgia,

So sorry that the bug got you. It's really not fun to be sick. I will be praying for you to feel better. You are so sweet to offer delicious chocolate! yummy! Isn't it amazing how it goes right to the hips? lol But sooo worth it.
Thanks for doing this and good luck to the lucky person who wins!
XO
Janet
Janet's Creative Pillows

Deb said...

I'm glad you found your niche product Georgia.....I also love vintage linens so it will be nice to have a knowledgeable person to ask questions of now and then! Sure hope you feel better soon....and glad to hear baby Evan is doing so much better!

Hugs,
Debbie
Cozy Cottage Gifts and Decor

Lisa McDonald said...

Georgia, I am right there with you sweet sister. I have the coughing cold as well. Thankfully, the sore throat only lasted for one day. However the cough is lingering on and on and on. Love the music and the beautiful way you write. Have a great day.

Lisa

Sweet Necessi-Teas said...

Georgia,
I hope you keep your coughing bug out west--LOL
So glad you have found your niche. I love vintage linens, too.

Please add my name to your drawing--I need chocolate in the worst way!

Pink hugs, Karen

Cottage Collections said...

I just KNEW this was your niche! I am really excited about learning from you Georgia. Of course I am excited about the possibility of winning the sees chocolate too!!
I hope you feel better soon.
xxoo Mama B

Michele said...

What a great niche to have Georgia. I just love vintage tablecloths and linen, so I will be stopping by often.
Please put my name in the hat for the See's chocolate, it is so good!

Michele
Sweet Yesterdays

Cathy said...

Oh Georgia, I just love chocolate and I'm so glad you've found your niche! You go girl!

Anonymous said...

Me....Me.... I want See's candies! :)
Congrats. on finding your niche and I do hope you are feeling better today. Love the music ~ Lynn

Angel Heart Designs said...

Hi! Georgia....I hope you feel better...(())
I love your NICHE! I have some Vintage linens I inherited.. would love to know more..and love SEE'S...Cindy

Vintage_Decor said...

Georgia - sweet Georgia (that should be a song if it isn't already)! How very sweet, not to mention brave, of you to offer to take any and all questions (I am counting my questions now). I hope it isn't just the cold medication talking! I for one - and I am sure there are many like me - have sent you questions in the past. I can say from those experiences you are definetly cut out to be the Go To Queen of linens! What a terrific - and sweet - resource for those of us suffering from the linen madness. Lucky for us! And good for you! You go girl, god bless and get better soon. Faye W from VTLC

Christine said...

Georgia, I collect vintage tablecloths and I just love the colors of those in your picture.
I'll have to keep mine under lock and key when you come to Chicago in March. :)

I'm glad you found your niche. This is such a great idea!

Hugs,
Christine

Maison de Petite - dollhouse miniatures with a French twist said...

Hi Georgia, sorry you've also been bitten. It's been about 4 weeks and I'm still coughing! Get better soon.

I am so excited for you to have found the perfect niche. I love old linens, but am no authority so I'm glad to know who to turn to!

Oh yes, I'll take the chocolate too!

Auntie rooloo said...

Georgia,
Its Nancyrooloo from AuntieRooloo blog.
I am so sorry to hear you have the "crude" as we call it here in MO. Almost every family I deal with in my job has "it".
I know how much harder it is to cope with the cold/coughing symptoms along with fibro/arthr!
I can totally emphasize with you!
Rest, and take care of yourself!
It seems to last 2-4 weeks.
Know that someone else knows how you feel!
Sincerely,
Nancy

SoCal Helene said...

Georgia, Hope you are feeling better, have been missing you over @ VTLC and now do I know why. At least today is a beautiful day here in SoCal, have you seen the snow-covered mountains this morning, so pretty!!!
;0) Helene

Christine said...

Georgia,
I hope you are feeling better!

By the way, you've been tagged. :)

1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person that tagged you.
2. Post THE RULES on your blog.
3.Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog.
4. Tag 7 people and link to them.
5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.

:)

JenniferSaake.blogspot.com said...

What a beautiful page! Never would have known about you until I read about you on the ShabbyFleamarket list today. :) Please enter me in your drawing and drop by my site at www.InnerBeautyGirls.com - I'll be having another drawing of my own very soon!

lutefisk said...

Yummmmmm! Chocolate!!!!!
Good luck to everyone!