Join Me on Shabby Lane Shops!

My Etsy Shop....

Tell them Grandma G's sent you!!

Mad Mimi Email Marketing
Apron Memories: Tie One On - An Apron Of Course !

Sunday, July 19, 2009

I Had A Visitor Yesterday!!!



One of the best parts about my office is that I have a window facing out to our front yard and the neighbors across the street......always something to look at as I sit typing on my computer! Yesterday, I looked up in time to see this.......

I am not a bird person and therefore know next to nothing about them. I can recognize a sparrow, hawk, crow, owl, and a few others and until yesterday all I knew about this guy was that he is an Egret! I contacted a bird-watcher friend and learned that egrets love the fish in koi ponds and that they also feast on gophers! Well, I do not have a koi pond but gophers are aplenty in our yards so I invited him to take up residence and feast all he wanted to!! Sure hope to see him often!

You just never know what will be outside the window!

2 comments:

Claudia said...

Beautiful - I love egrets. They are so graceful looking!

Karen said...

I never knew they liked gophers! That's awesome! I will encourage more Egrets into my yard! Thanks for sharing.