Join Me on Shabby Lane Shops!

My Etsy Shop....

Tell them Grandma G's sent you!!

Mad Mimi Email Marketing
Apron Memories: Tie One On - An Apron Of Course !

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

High Winds and Fires........




If you have seen the national news over the past few days then you are aware of the horrible fires all over So California. Thankfully, my home is not in the fire zones but
we are close enough to suffer the effects of the smell of smoke and ashes in the air. Our throats are sore, we cough continually and have horrible headaches.....not bad considering what others are going through....

I would like to ask any and all who read this to please pray for our state, the families who have lost their homes and the firefighters who are by now exhausted from fighting the blazes. One life has been lost, others have been physically injured and thousands have been evacuated from their homes. Pray, too, that the winds die down......they are still blowing and are one of the biggest problems in getting the fires contained.

Before the fires started breaking out there were the winds. We call them Santa Ana winds because of the direction they blow, from east to west. Santa Ana winds bring high temperatures.....we have been in the high 80's to 90's....and there is always
wind damage. Our yard is no exception here! We had a beautiful 20 foot tall weeping willow tree.......the wind ripped it from the ground and toppled it into the yard on Sunday night. We already miss it and the shade it provided. The photos at the top are
the before and after of our lovely tree!

Wherever you are, I pray that you are safe and not experiencing any horrific weather conditions or fires in your area.

4 comments:

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Hi Georgia! My prayers are with those who are going thru this terrible ordeal.
Barbara

Anonymous said...

Georgia, I have had my eyes glued to the television newscast. I am sorry you lost your tree. Please stay safe and my thoughts are with you and yours, all those poor people who have lost their homes and the thousands that have been evacuated and to all the firefighters working so hard.

Roxie Morrow said...

Georgia, I am so sorry for what happened to your beautiful Willow Tree. Please keep safe and I'll be praying for all So. Cal.

Amy @ The Cottage Gate said...

Hi Georgia,
Thanks for stopping by my blog - all of you in CA are definitely in my thoughts and prayers. I have been watching CNN for 3 days now. Good luck!

Amy