Join Me on Shabby Lane Shops!

My Etsy Shop....

Tell them Grandma G's sent you!!

Mad Mimi Email Marketing
Apron Memories: Tie One On - An Apron Of Course !

Thursday, May 27, 2010

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!

I hope you will all forgive me for repeating the Memorial Day post I wrote in 2009.
It is still fitting and I love sharing the photo of my favorite veteran, my Dad, with all of you, again!

Make this weekend a special one for your families and please stop for a moment to remember those who cannot be with their loved ones because they have paid the ultimate price for freedom and those who are now serving far away. May the Lord bless and keep them all!!



While we enjoy this holiday weekend with friends and family, firing up the barbeque to eat our burgers and hot dogs, please remember why we celebrate this day. We celebrate our many freedoms fought for and won by brave men and women who today cannot be at home with their families and for those who have given the greatest sacrifice and laid down their lives to guarantee us the joy of this day!

Remember and honor them all!




I will remember this brave WWII soldier, my Dad who served when called.....and thankfully came home to enjoy the freedom he fought for....I miss you Dad!



Giving thanks to all who gave their tomorrows so I can
have mine!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahhh, Georgia, this write is beautiful! They gave their all for our freedoms, we can never repay them for their courage.

Have a safe & lovely Memorial holiday weekend.
TTFN ~Hugs, Marydon

krys kirkpatrick said...

Beautiful. I lost my father to the sea...he was a fisherman. Also a noble and honorable profession.
They may not be here with us now...but in spirit he is still with me, I am grateful to be the daughter of a loving and generous man.