Join Me on Shabby Lane Shops!

My Etsy Shop....

Tell them Grandma G's sent you!!

Mad Mimi Email Marketing
Apron Memories: Tie One On - An Apron Of Course !

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Celebrating Mom!

Please join Grandma G's and Make Mine Pink for shopping with a twist on Friday April 23rd 2010 as we present "Celebrating Mom"

I can remember wanting to be just like Mom when I was a a little girl. And now, with grown children of my own, when I catch myself sounding like my mother, or when other people tell me I somehow remind them of her, I feel a rush of pleasure and nostalgia. I’m proud that I've become like the woman I admired and loved so much.

One day a year doesn't seem enough to celebrate someone whose life has influences ours in so many ways. Sometimes the perfect gift can convey the message of the heart so much more clearly than words.

Giving Mom gifts that have nostalgia attached to them can be a big hit. A vintage-inspired hankie might spark a memory of her mom who carried one just like it in her purse. A pretty vintage apron, bringing back memories of cooking for her own young family. Postcard pictures with images of yesteryear can stir up memories she’d long forgotten.Sometimes a carefully chosen accessory, such as a tote bag specially made for your mother or a unique piece of heirloom jewelry might be the ideal gift. A silver charm can be engraved with a special message of love, or just bear the memory of a daughter who loves her. Whenever she puts it on, you know she'll smile at the thought of having you close to her heart.

Floral designs, lace trims, satin ribbons, paper roses can brighten up just about any corner of her home or her day. Whimsical decorations chosen to sit in a favorite corner, hand-poured soaps to help her relax at night, beautiful albums of cherished memories to place on the coffee table. Carefully chosen pieces to remind her that she's treasured.

Whatever message you want to give your mother this Mother's Day, and all through the year, you'll find the perfect way to say it at Make Mine Pink.
Joyce Lucas, Founder
Make Mine Pink

Photo Contribution 1: Rose Blossom Cottage| Photo Contribution 2: Antique Boutique| Photo Contribution 3: Esprit de Joie

No comments: